“Mike has our best interests in mind. He’s trustworthy, knowledgeable, and provides excellent service. Insurance with Mike and other agents at Crennen Company is easy and painless. I use them for my company insurance, personal insurance, and would recommend Mike to any of my friends or family.”
Retail business owners like you have a lot invested in the store. No matter what you sell, you will need an appropriate protection against liability lawsuits, theft, and other accidents and unpredictable events.
With more than 60 years of experience working with local retailers, we understand what is important to you, and we are here to help address the risks you face with a plan that fits your budget.
Here is a quick break-down of the business insurance coverages that retail stores like yours typically need.
Top Risks in the Retail Business Industry
- Theft (a Property Liability risk)
- Data Breach (a Property Liability risk)
- Broken Equipment/Tools (a Property Liability risk)
- Inventory Damage (a Property Liability risk)
- Customer Injuries (a Business Liability risk)
- Reputation / Advertising Injuries (a Business Liability risk)
Fundamental Coverage for Retail Businesses
- General Liability Insurance: The essential coverage in retail insurance to protect you against people alleging injuries or damage from accidents, oversights, and unpredictable events.
- Commercial Property Insurance: The commercial property insurance gives you peace of mind as a retail store owner. It helps protect the store and the equipment like cash registers, computers, store shelves, and more.
- Workers Compensation Insurance: Required by law, Workers’ Compensation Insurance helps you create a safe work environment and protect your retail business against the potentially high cost of work-related injuries and illnesses.
Additional Insurance Options
- Commercial Auto Insurance: Whether you have a company vehicle, you and/or your employees may need to drive to run business errands, like picking up business supplies, or going to a trade show. Commercial vehicle insurance usually provides coverage that is not included in a personal auto insurance policy. It will protect your business against potentially high costs involved in an auto accident.
Other Retail Insurance Policies to Consider:
- Business Owners Policy (BOP)
- Data Breach Insurance
- And more…