What is General Liability Insurance?
General Liability Insurance is the most common and essential type of business insurance. It protects your business against property damage claims, bodily injury claims, and/or reputational harm and advertising injury claims from outside parties.
What does Commercial General Liability Insurance typically cover?
Working with more than 20 highly rated insurance providers, we at Crennen & Company offer a wide range of General Liability coverage to meet the unique needs in your industry.
Coverage typically includes
- Property Damage or Bodily Injury caused by your products / services, business operations, or your employees
- Medical Expenses if someone other than your employee is injured on business premises (Workers’ Compensation covers employee injury during work)
- Reputational Injury like false claims, slander, libel
- Advertising Injury including copyright infringement, false advertising
- Defense Costs from lawsuits, investigation and settlements
- And more…
Who needs General Liability Insurance?
More and more businesses are being sued for things like negligence, slander, property damage, bodily injury, and copyright infringement among other things, even when they did nothing wrong. General Liability is there to help protect your business assets in case of the unexpected.
Crennen & Company recommends that all businesses have general liability coverage in place.
How much General Liability Insurance do I need?
Many factors come in to determine the level of coverage you need. Essentially, it depends on the type of business you are in and the level of perceived risks associated with it. For example, a construction contractor will likely need more coverage than a website designer.
Talk to a licensed insurance agent on this before you buy a policy. We at Crennen & Company are happy to help you tailor your business insurance.